2 flower/scape Paph. spicerianum fully developed

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paphluvr

Reaction score
Well I'm happy to say it finally developed fully without dropping the first bloom. The second flower is slightly smaller than the first but displays nicely. This was a very pleasant surprise. As you can see, I don't stake.

Bi-floral Paph. spicerianum

Nice. Looks like a super sized plant too.

One of the parents had some sort of cultural or 'botanical merit' award but I've unfortunately lost the original tag. I don't know if I could find parentage in some of my old note books or not. It's foliage strikes me as being a lot larger than a previous spicerianum that I had. The larger leaves are 1' x 1.5" in size and it grows very robustly and has been a very reliable bloomer.

Beautiful. That's exactly how they grow in nature. I like the look. I can't stand the fact that breeders have ''improved'' the dorsal of this species by making it sit up straight. This is the way it should be!

I just noticed that one of the spikes on my spicer has two buds going! Yay!!!

Mine has rather long dangly gangly leaves also.
I only keep it because like yours, mine is a good grower and bloomer.

I once found this miniature plant on a nursery visit, but the guy won't sell it to me. still searching for a midget spicer. lol

I actually don't mind this natural presentation at all, but I move pots around to water and don't want to break things.
I will soon have to stake up mine as they are now starting to bend down as the buds get heavier.

I just noticed that one of the spikes on my spicer has two buds going! Yay!!!

Mine has rather long dangly gangly leaves also.
I only keep it because like yours, mine is a good grower and bloomer.

I once found this miniature plant on a nursery visit, but the guy won't sell it to me. still searching for a midget spicer. lol

I actually don't mind this natural presentation at all, but I move pots around to water and don't want to break things.
I will soon have to stake up mine as they are now starting to bend down as the buds get heavier.

Good luck with yours, too. The second bud on mine took about a month to develop from the time I first noticed it.

Latest posts

Back