Any Guesses?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
After two years of wait for another lowii clone to bloom, imagine my disappointment as this bloom popped up. This is my first NOID multi floral - grrr. Any guesses on what I have here? Roth crossed with x ??

Yes, I will reach out to the vendor but i am curious what the knowledgeable folks on this forum think.
20240929_202849.jpg20240929_202911.jpg20240929_202932.jpg

I vote for straight roth, and based on our "standards" of flower perfection not a real good one. I just got a roth with "good" parentage, and it bloomed out with narrow petals and dorsal. going straight to next month's raffle table.

Oh my gosh that's so frustrating. I waited 7 years for my "stonei" to bloom only to discover that it's actually supardii, and a very nice one at that. But I still didn't have a stonei. I have no idea what you've got there but I wonder if the next bloom might be a bit more to your liking. I'd keep it, let it mature, and see what happens (but that's just me being curious).

Tyrone got his guess in before me but I
thought Wossner Black Wings as well. When I first saw the flower, the color compares but my first thought went to that elongated pouch. Seems a bit long for a Roth. But maybe anitum or adductum with a Roth?
Just a thought.

Roth x St. Swithin maybe. Still would like more than one flower. You could have Prime Child x roth or maybe Vanguard x roth, that would crush the flower count pretty well. Probably not worth keeping it, whatever it is. Especially since you have so much space to work with. :)

Thanks all! I really appreciate the comments. I was thinking roth also but the petals are throwing me. Those are what lead me to the idea of a hybrid. Still i could see this being a poor roth, especially by today's standards. Whatever it is roth dominates. I doubt the flower count will continue to be low I future bloomings. I repotted it before I realizes it was budding. Plus the roots were sad. So with some care and maturity, it will likely improve.

When I hear back from the seller I will update this trend.

I knew something was up as soon as I saw the bud peak out. It was pretty clear from there that the label was incorrect. Things happen though. Labels get jumbled. It is a disappointing part of the hobby.

Latest posts

Back