Anyone Know if These are Registered yet?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heather

Reaction score
Sacramento, CA. Outside w/ Southeast Exposure
Got a few interesting things from Rob…

Haven’t been able to figure out if these two hybrids have been named yet?

Acker’s Starlight x besseae
Inca Rose x andreetae (edit just found this one is Acker’s Cutie.)
Doesn’t look like the other one is but Starlight X dalessandroi is….
Thank you!

Last edited:
The issue in Orchid Roots with the second one is that it is Laura-Lei Quintal. The dash matters in the search. Probably also want to be sure the tag has the dash. My understanding is that Orchid Roots is a direct feed from RHS, but I don’t know if there is a little lag time.

FYI... For anyone who would like to go directly to the source, the RHS website has an Orchid Register search facility:
https://apps.rhs.org.uk/horticulturaldatabase/orchidregister/orchidregister.asp
Might be worth putting together a ‘pinned’ cheat sheet of knowledge tidbits to help others navigate the RHS site idiosyncrasies….

For example, for a hybrid lookup, the order of the parents matters. Stonei x Roth may return a ‘not found’ whereas Roth x stonei may return Lady Isobel.

(And ignore the capitalization as my iPhone has its own ideas of what is right- and I’ve grown to ignore it)

Might be worth putting together a ‘pinned’ cheat sheet of knowledge tidbits to help others navigate the RHS site idiosyncrasies….

For example, for a hybrid lookup, the order of the parents matters. Stonei x Roth may return a ‘not found’ whereas Roth x stonei may return Lady Isobel.

(And ignore the capitalization as my iPhone has its own ideas of what is right- and I’ve grown to ignore it)
That is why I have found Orchids Roots easier and faster to use. Plus, if you register (free) you get great information on ancestry and progeny.

Latest posts

Back