Blooms to brighten your day!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Blc. Pamela Hetherington 'Coronation' FCC/AOS (Lc. Paradiso x Bc. 'Mount Anderson') This is a Waldor meristem. Dave Off says it's as good or better than original. First bloom for me, 1 flower. Had another bud that never cleared the sheath. Been in bloom since first of Sept., still looks good!!
IMG_4119.jpegIMG_4120.jpeg

Rlc. Hilo Grand 'Waldor's 100 Grand' (C. Orglade's Grand x Rlc. Success Dream) Waldor Original division, 4 flowers. This flower is stunning. Lip is velvet and veining of color in addition to the flares. Never been awarded. Unfortunately, I don't think I can get it judged.
IMG_4228.jpegIMG_4223.jpeg

Rlc. Jennifer Off 'Joan' Hcc/AOS (Lc. Harold Carlson x Don de Michaels) Waldor meristem, 5 flowers so a bit crowded.
IMG_4230.jpegIMG_4229.jpeg

Cattleya quadricolor coerulea 'Azulina' (original division of John Obata's plant from Christoffersen) 1st bloom for me, was a tiny division. 1 flower, 1 spike, fairly flat (for a quad.), but shape a bit wonky on this bloom. The special thing about this one, I'm told, is the blue anther cap.
IMG_4217.jpegIMG_4216.jpegIMG_4222.jpegIMG_4219.jpeg

Those are stunning! Well done.
My favourite is the Hilo grand. It must be worth an award on a good blooming.
Photo doesn't really do the texture justice. I'm pleasantly surprised. Seems like anytiime I can make it to judging which is 2.5 hours one way, I don't have anything to take. The next one is Oct. 5, but I'm having surgery on my hand Oct. 4, so that's not likely to happen. Our Va.Orc.Soc. is having a judging educational event with judging at next meeting. It's Oct. 20. Doubt if it will hold looking good til then. Oh well... c'est la vie.

Beautiful, and you know what they've said, "The real orchid grower is the Cattleya grower."

Latest posts

Back