Lizzards & Snakes & Stuff...

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yoyo_Jo

Catt's Meow
Reaction score
I took a close-up photography workshop this past weekend; the subjects were immensely cool...

This bearded lizard was the most photogenic; he posed for long stretches at a time. At the end he was getting tired of us and his beard started turning darker.

IMG_0645copy.jpg

IMG_0692.jpg

IMG_06652.jpg

The snakes were the hardest to shoot, they were mobile as heck under the lights, even though we were using strobes, it was still warmish...

The snakes were a Ball Python and some sort of Boa. Small guys.

IMG_0465_cropped.jpg

IMG_0435_cropped.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Great shots!
Colorful models:)

Are you getting ready for the Florida Everglades?
Or something more exotic?

very nice shots!

first gecko has really cool eyes!
second gecko looks like Leopard Gecko.

and the first lady is a Boa constrictor..

IMG_0465_cropped.jpg

Thanks for looking!

was this only one snake? head belongs to Boa constrictor (100%), but the body has a very interesting coloration for this species (might be a breed line of some funny mutation... thee are many on the market)

Thanks guys!

@ eggshells: Canon Rebel Xsi, 100 mm Macro lens
@ Clark: naw, shooting confined critters is one thing, shooting them in the wild would be a whole other ball game. :D
@Kavaranu: That's all one snake, a Red-Tailed Boa, I think. The end of it's tail was distinctively more darkly colored.
@Rob: yup, Gargoyle gecko rings a bell.

Thanks, Joanne! That's what I thought... it is one of the fancy mutations where the dorsal spots are connected to each other. This is not the normal case for most wild type of Boa constrictor.

Back