My most prolific orchid, Ascda. Su-Fun Beauty

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For photographic purposes it didn’t shingle the blooms as well as normal, but in terms of bloom frequency it’s great. Only one spike at a time but blooms 3-4 times/year. The bloom has a crystalline sparkle that doesn’t show well in the photos.

View attachment 48475
Quick questions, I see that you are 5-6 hours north of me. What kind of temps and light does this plant get? How large is it? I do like the color. Mike

Quick questions, I see that you are 5-6 hours north of me. What kind of temps and light does this plant get? How large is it? I do like the color. Mike

OK, so that puts you somewhere between Dayton and Cincinnati. Bakers rack about 1-1.5ft. inside of a patio door, SW exposure. Sheer drapes closed between about 2:30-5-30PM. Temperatures: low about 64-65°F winter, whatever we can stand in the summer (generally 80°F or less). Height of the plant is about 15” and overall spread about the same. It’s overdue for a repot, a lot of bare stem at the bottom of the plant (missed repotting last year). Long aerial roots. Humidity whatever is a comfortable indoor setting (low in winter due to heat). Size of the flowers is about 2”.

That is a very nice Ascocenda that you have there. Just so colorful. I just resist in my own mind at times to call these Vandas. It all changed when those dyslexic aardvarks started playing around with the DNA of orchids.
This is a very floriferous hybrid That was first awarded in 1990. It has Ascda. Meda Arnold in its background. Those are some wonderful genes there. Shape is very nice, flat and with some fine red spotting. Very pretty and great job!!!

Back