Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kaleighh

Reaction score
Hi, I’m new to the group and a newish orchid grower in general. I got bitten by the bug this January. As my hubby always says, I don’t dip my toe into the shallow end, I jump right into the deep end! I’m up to about 60 ish orchids, combo of Phals, Paphs, cattlya alliance, a few oncidium, and one Phrag that just arrived a little under the weather yesterday. I grow all indoors under lights. I found mention of this group in an old post in big leaf orchid face book group.
So thanks for the add, looking forward to learning and sharing!

Well you certainly have found a good place. At least we think so! And I really think that you will love the place too!!
Welcome, welcome and welcome.
I grow pretty much everything that you do except the majority of my orchids spend summer outside. I started out loving Cattleyas and I still do.
My collection numbers about 175 plants and I have been growing about 51 years now!!! Either I am an old fart growing orchids, or one who has a lot of experience. 😜🤓😃

But happy to have you!

Well you certainly have found a good place. At least we think so! And I really think that you will love the place too!!
Welcome, welcome and welcome.
I grow pretty much everything that you do except the majority of my orchids spend summer outside. I started out loving Cattleyas and I still do.
My collection numbers about 175 plants and I have been growing about 51 years now!!! Either I am an old fart growing orchids, or one who has a lot of experience. 😜🤓😃

But happy to have you!

Welcome from southern california!!
I too grow MOST of my plants inside under lights and lighting changed my game considerably!
Zygos, cymbidiums and alot of catts are outside but my main collection(reads money) is inside under lights

Back