Paph. Clair de Lune Bloomed This Week

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jpari

Reaction score
Hi Folks,
Paph. Clair de Lune just opened for me. It is a remake by Norman Fang. This grex is Paph. Emerald 'Oz' x Paph. Alma Gevert 'Hagers'. I really like the broadness of the dorsal sepal and the width of the petals. The flower size is good,11.5 cm natural spread, and lays quite flat and the stem length is just great. All in all, I think that it is a rather stately Paph. The downside is the color. I think that it is a bit lighter green than I would have preferred.

Attachments

• IMG_0420.jpeg
    IMG_0420.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0421.jpeg
    IMG_0421.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Why not post a pic? It would be interesting to see the differences in both pics.

Last edited:
Yours is very nice as well. Though, the pic appears to have color a bit darker. Do you know the parents of the remake of Paph. Clair de Lune that yours came from? Do you know who made the cross?

My understanding is that this is a division from one that came from the Sander’s Nursery. Emerald x Alma Gevaert

Orchidweb recently posted some others for sale. This is the description from their site:

This is a classic must-have diviion from the original plant of Clair de Lune registered in 1927 by The famous Sander's Nursery of England and Belgium. This variety is well known to be one of the absolute strongest growing Paph maudiae type hybrids that exists.

I just purchased some more green/white classics from Xavier/Select Orchids. Excited about adding them to the collection.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back