Paph. Wössner China Moon

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NEslipper

Reaction score
First bloom seedling purchased from Oceanside Orchids the cross is armeniacum x hangianum, exact parentage unknown. I can't take full credit for the bloom, I purchased it in extremely low sheath in February, just a tiny nub was visible and it looked like a sheath to me so I went for it. Kind of amazed it didn't blast, considering its had a painfully slow almost 5-month journey to get to opening the flower. The plant is actually quite vigorous, and already has two new growths - any armeniacum I've tried by the 4 month mark was already in decline. I'm hopeful that hybrid vigor is on my side with this one, since we're already had some extremely hot summer days and it seems to be chugging along. Wish we saw more of these around, I love the bright saturated yellow, the overall shape and fullness of the flower, and the flower is absolutely enormous to boot. Pouch is the size of a golf ball, and the NS would be over 14 cm if it were perfectly flat. Not much of a fragrance, maybe a very very faint fresh soapy/laundry smell if you really get your nose in there.
aIMG_3223.JPGaIMG_3234.JPGaIMG_3276.JPG
aIMG_3253.JPG

Latest posts

Back