Paphiopedilum insigne forma sanderianum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nélio

Reaction score
Fifty years ago my mother received this clone from a friend that had it in his collection for some years already.
Just very recently i discovered how special this forma is, thanks to a friend and very skiled orchid grower. Sometimes we do not pay the right atention to what we have at home.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240627-233421_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240627-233421_Gallery.jpg
    717.9 KB · Views: 1
  • Screenshot_20240627-232725_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240627-232725_Gallery.jpg
    549 KB · Views: 1
Wow 50 years, that's fantastic!
Yes indeed. I was 6 at the moment that friend made the gift of this clone to my mother. Now i'm 56 nearly 57....my mother passed already for 17 years and thanks to a sister (Paula) this clone was saved because she tooked care of it right after my mothers death.

Yes indeed. I was 6 at the moment that friend made the gift of this clone to my mother. Now i'm 56 nearly 57....my mother passed already for 17 years and thanks to a sister (Paula) this clone was saved because she tooked care of it right after my mothers death.
On the one hand if the plants has been 50+ years in the hand of your family it should be a true P. insigne sanderianum which nowaydays not always is a fact because there are some hybrids out there. Also I am not completely sure whether mine plant is 100% P. insigne sanderianum. On the other hand I would have thought that a 50+ years old plant would be a real clump. Is this just a divison and your sister owns still the "mother plant"?

Last edited:
On the one hand if the plants has been 50+ years in the hand of your family it should be a true P. insigne sanderianum which nowayday not always is a fact because there are some hybrids out there. Also I am not sompletely sure whether mine plant is 100% P. insigne sanderianum. On the other hand I would have thought that a 50+ years old plant would be a real clump. Is this just a divison and your sister owns still the "mother plant"?
My plant is just a division, my sister gave me. The Mother plant stayed with my sister since my mother death. With time she made more divisions and pots.

Latest posts

Back