Some windowsil Catts in flower

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
20240402_090247.jpg
That is Lc Tropical Aurora SVO x Pot Little Toshie Gold Country. Third time flowering, still only a single flower. It sure is pretty though. It is breaking double and is free flowering so at some point the stars will align and I will have multiple blooms. It has a pleasant fragrance.

20240926_085434.jpg
Slc Mahalo Jack. First flowering for me. The division is growing very well and I expect it to get better and better over time. At first there was no fragrance but this morning it did have one strong enough for me to notice when I walked into the room. This is such a lovely plant I am amazed by why the market isn't filled with mericlones of it. The photo is with a flash but its a good representation of the color.

All the plants are on a south facing windowsill. They have to, at times, take full sun which is exceeds 500 PPFD at times. They are potted in lava rock and are fertilized with K-lite.

View attachment 49810
That is Lc Tropical Aurora SVO x Pot Little Toshie Gold Country. Third time flowering, still only a single flower. It sure is pretty though. It is breaking double and is free flowering so at some point the stars will align and I will have multiple blooms. It has a pleasant fragrance.

View attachment 49811
Slc Mahalo Jack. First flowering for me. The division is growing very well and I expect it to get better and better over time. At first there was no fragrance but this morning it did have one strong enough for me to notice when I walked into the room. This is such a lovely plant I am amazed by why the market isn't filled with mericlones of it. The photo is with a flash but its a good representation of the color.

All the plants are on a south facing windowsill. They have to, at times, take full sun which is exceeds 500 PPFD at times. They are potted in lava rock and are fertilized with K-lite.
A peak of 500 PPFD, assuming standard rise and fall of sunlight as in nature, equates to steady PPFD of 250 under LED lights, which is acceptable, but not high, for Cattleyas. You are getting good light.

Latest posts

Back