Any ideas as to what this is?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have two nutrient solutions that must be made in 100% tap water to reach a pH of 6.3. Another solution needs 15-20% tap water to reach 5.8. Two other solutions must be in 100% RO to reach 6.4 and 6.0. You have to test your solutions. Most city tap water will raise the pH and perhaps add some extra nutrients (Ca, Mg, Si).
Terry I use RO and have used MSU for a few years. The question is urea nitrogen. Should I incorporate it? I’ll email you.

If there is an issue with the solutions applied, it's likely not related to the pH per se, but to the acidity or basicity, which can have a long-term effect on rhizosphere pH, not an immediate one.

Terry I use RO and have used MSU for a few years. The question is urea nitrogen. Should I incorporate it? I’ll email you.
There isn’t certainty about most of this. I decided to give up and use some of each of the major approaches - a complete hedge. This is unlikely to be the best approach, but I don’t have 20 years left to experiment!

I’ve been using southern ag max acid 30-10-10 which you can get in Amazon 22% urea, 5% ammonia, 2% nitrate so it’s not 100% urea like jack’s. I would think you could try rotating it every once in a while. Though I would recommend mixing fertilizer with some tap water for the buffering effect unless your tap water is super hard.

Latest posts

Back