dark henryanum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tnyr5

Reaction score
One of Sam's grexes, don't have the tag handy.
Form is absolutely abysmal, but it has, by far, the most intense color I've ever seen in a henry. Even in this pic, the pouch color is very washed out and does not do it justice, as the sun was already setting and very little purple light was making it through the atmosphere. Maybe I'll try again with the UV filter off tomorrow.
Anyway, we have two redeeming traits here: extreme color and extreme vigor. This plant was a single fan less than two years ago, now it has 10, with many new starts that I didn't count.

My friend said it looks like I scared it. I think I'll name it 'AAAAHHH!!!'
henry 'AHHHH!!'.jpg

Really the only thing that I find off putting about the shape is the dorsal. The flower is obviously a bit wonky but I can forgive some of that, especially given the color and the vigor of the plant.

Is this the first time it has bloomed? If not, it makes me wonder if there's a chance the flowers will be better next time.

Really the only thing that I find off putting about the shape is the dorsal. The flower is obviously a bit wonky but I can forgive some of that, especially given the color and the vigor of the plant.

Is this the first time it has bloomed? If not, it makes me wonder if there's a chance the flowers will be better next time.
It'll be better, but it will never rival my OZ henrys. That's okay, it doesn't need to.

The color is insane! The dorsal petal can be rounder, but I personally love the flower shape and how frilly it is. But that is because I have a bias against big round bulldog hybrids.

If this is its first bloom, then I am sure the other 10 growths will do phenomenally when it blooms

I’m just going to say regarding clonal names, though appropriate maybe you could rein it in a little bit? You gave me a piece of your mexipedium which is growing happily but now I just found out what its name is 😂😂

I’m just going to say regarding clonal names, though appropriate maybe you could rein it in a little bit? You gave me a piece of your mexipedium which is growing happily but now I just found out what its name is 😂😂
What's wrong with 'Trouble with Tribbles?' lol

..........Form is absolutely abysmal, but it has, by far, the most intense color I've ever seen in a henry. ............
Agreed, but not completely... form isn't the best and might change in the future when the plant matures.
....Anyway, we have two redeeming traits here: extreme color and extreme vigor. This plant was a single fan less than two years ago, now it has 10, with many new starts that I didn't count....
That's incredible.
....My friend said it looks like I scared it. .......
Did you ? 😀

Back