Dry fungus growing on Phragmipedium Hanne Popow

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cach26

Reaction score
Compré este phrag de un cultivador que tenía un invernadero en la selva tropical, lo traje a mi casa de clima templado, su brote maduro más reciente murió de un hongo Primera FOTO (comenzó desde el rizoma hasta la punta de la hoja, de marrón, suave y maloliente). Luego a los 3 meses me salió un nuevo brote, pero está infectado con otro hongo, Segunda FOTO. sale por la punta de la hoja, esta seca y no huele, que puedo hacer?

Circunstancias: Clima templado, sin trasplantar su sustrato viejo (Carbón pequeño y leca) Riego Por la mañana sin encharcar las hojas. Probé Ridomil ligeramente diluido y la canela en polvo no paró.

b1d2d15c-79df-4f8f-8ac4-e22d5f38864b.jpg

bb90dcc8-9563-4578-b439-3b5d6a1bccef.jpg

I had the exact thing. Plant was so healthy considering it is a phrag with me and then this. I was so heart broken that I did something wrong. I put it in the trash I was so frustrated and wished I could have saved it. Good luck

I had the exact thing. Plant was so healthy considering it is a phrag with me and then this. I was so heart broken that I did something wrong. I put it in the trash I was so frustrated and wished I could have saved it. Good luck
Yes D: I wanted to see it flourish, it's rare that out of all my phrags and paphios there is only one sick, so I rule out bad culture. I was thinking of cutting the affected area, applying Gerdex and then adding cinnamon again

I think it might be suffering from a severe lack of water.
I grow my besseae, schlimii, Hanne Popow in a much finer mix. 1/2 seedling grade fir bark or orchiata, 1/4 seedling grade charcoal, 1/4 fine perlite. I even add some chopped sphagnum.
I use plastic pots and water every three days or so. Your mix of large charcoal pieces looks very dry to me. I think that it is unhappy.

Creo que podría estar sufriendo de una grave falta de agua.
Cultivo mis besseae, schlimii, Hanne Popow en una mezcla mucho más fina. 1/2 corteza de abeto para plántulas u orchiata, 1/4 de carbón vegetal para plántulas, 1/4 de perlita fina. Incluso agrego un poco de sphagnum picado.
Uso macetas de plástico y agua cada tres días más o menos. Tu mezcla de carboncillos grandes me parece muy seca. Creo que es infeliz.
Yes, maybe it's also the lack of water. Although I forgot to say that it was in a pot with a 2cm water reserve at the bottom. That's why I ruled it out. But I am going to transplant it like the others (1/2 Pine Bark of 1.5. 2cm, 1/2 Terracotta split 2cm, 3cm, and a touch of charcoal) And I water daily in the morning. Should I cut off the brown edges or leave them as they are?

Last edited:
Hello everyone, it's been a year since this accident, and thanks to the help and advice of the members of this forum, my Phrag Hanne Popow has been saved.

However to do so I had to completely change my cultivation, before all my Lady Slipers were exposed to the weather, now they are indoors, things like watering and substrate are detailed in this thread of mine.

https://www.slippertalk.com/threads...mperate-climates-venezuela.57175/#post-768986

After very, very gently repotting in a very fine mix, I placed the plant and pot on a pot holder, with the classic small water reservoir and rocks at the bottom, moved it to a shady place but with good air movement, and after a few sprouts that died quickly, it came back to life, small but still with me.

In one of the photos, you can see its small roots growing, finally adapted to my growing environment :D

Imagen de WhatsApp 2024-07-06 a las 14.41.47_a9645fab.jpg
Imagen de WhatsApp 2024-07-06 a las 14.41.49_53a99698.jpg

Attachments

• Imagen de WhatsApp 2024-07-06 a las 14.41.47_b1a82119.jpg
    Imagen de WhatsApp 2024-07-06 a las 14.41.47_b1a82119.jpg
    375.7 KB

Latest posts

Back