Greetings from WA!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trevor Gulick

Reaction score
I have been growing cymbidiums, phals, and cattleyas for a few years now, and I have decided to add one or more phrags to the collection. My ideal choice would be an FCC hybrid that is perhaps somewhat dated now and/or a smaller size in order to experience growing it to blooming size, e.g. Phrag. besseae 'Cow Hollow II' FCC/AOS. I am not interested in chasing the latest trends, but I do like the idea that someone else that knows way more than I do judged a plant to be exceptional at some point. Do you have any ideas on where to get phrags like this?

Last edited:
Bill Goldner of Woodstream Orchids often divides his awarded plants for a reasonable price. Two caveats, he’s a super busy guy so it might take a bit of time, and they are usually single growth divisions or one growth, plus a starter growth, so you might have to nurse it along for a new growth or two (or three) before it reaches its full potential.

P.S. IMHO - You might start with a nice hybrid or an easier species to grow, as Ms. Besse’s orchid can be a toughie.

Last edited:
I would prefer a more compact hybrid. I am not interested in blooming size plants, as I want to experience the challenges that are required to get there.

Latest posts

Back