Light and color / leaf twist question

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Drewm

Reaction score
I attached a pic of my lil setup. Do I need more or less light? Leaf twist from Ecuagenera import, what to do about that?
Have a couple hybrids mostly from Ecuagenera, some green types and some bessaea.

Should I increase or decrease light? I live in Florida so it's pretty humid, temp bout 70. I fertilize weekly bout half strength.

Attachments

• IMG_6387.jpeg
    IMG_6387.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_6389.jpeg
    IMG_6389.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1
I live in Miami, indoor plants of course, but would think the humidity would be ok? Idk. What light do y'all use? How much and what light brand?

The curling and the brown spotting on the tips of another leaf in that first photo make me think you're underwatering/not providing enough moisture/ humidity.

Last edited:
Hybrid phrags will take quite high light when well established with good roots. Mine get a few of hours sun per day. How often do you water? With those drip trays under the pots you could have them sitting in a bit of water most of the time. They love being wet.

I do not see a problem with the leaves. To a large degree, Phrags. seldom feature perfectly flat leaves. At least for me, they don't.
And just because you live where it is often humid outdoors, that does not transfer to an indoor environment. If you have air conditioning, that is how a room is cooled, by removing moisture/humidity.
I agree, a few hours of sunlight and regular waterings is the way to start. Both of those are more important for good growing then humidity.

Back