Looking for photo of paph. Lowii 'Tall Fella'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tanner. C

Reaction score
Recently bought one but could not find any photos or info on the cross.

Thank you to anyone who can help

Paph lowii is a species and 'Tall Fella' is only one plant of thousands of lowii. Like your son or daughter is only one of the whole human race. The only time there would be cross info would be if two lowii, the species, is crossed to each other. That is, two special plants of lowii are crossed to each other to build upon a particular characteristic of one or both parent plants. So if some of the offspring from that matting is desired by others, they in turn will look to buy lowii (unnamed) from that matting in hopes of getting the same great outcome. If so, then the buyer came name their plant of lowii with a special name and so on.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

If 'Tall Fella' had received an AOS award, that is when it likely would have been photographed and you might find it on the internet. Otherwise, probably not.

Photo of the lowii I got

Hopefully the photo​ attaches as I am new to the page so hopefully I am doing it right!

Attachments

• received_1494861093899347.jpg
    received_1494861093899347.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 20
received_1494861093899347.jpg
[/url]
screen capture
freeware
[/IMG]

Try this :) I'm not to tech savvy sorry :(

Hopefully I take good care of it! My first multiflorial! I'll post a picture when it blooms :)

If I recall correctly lowii is the best beginner multi to grow?

So what are you saying here Tanner? The plant picture you posted is 'Tall Fella' or is 'Tall Fella' just one of the parents to this lowii you posted?

PS. all species are spelled with lower case letters, such as, Paph lowii

Sorry I'm a beginner! The lowii is ('Tall Fella' x sib) it came from paph Paradise. He said it was just a trade name as it has not been awarded yet.

I'm unsure what the background on 'Tall Fella' is

Back