Miscellaneous stuff

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's photos of some plants I got lately. 3 phrags from Tom Kalina at Fox Valley Orchids; a paph, some species and jewel orchids from Thanh Nguyen at Springwater Orchids and a Paph suhkakulii album form eBay. II'm waiting for my order from John Chant to arrive. :) I had more photos of stuff in bloom and bud to share but somehow cant upload it. :(

PB170103.jpg

PB100101.jpg

PB170102.jpg

Nice additions and cool spikes!!!! I'd like to know the answers to Dot's and Lee's questions too :D:D

I see you have them on the stove again! :poke: :poke: :poke:
The stove is basically a temporary storage/hospital area; where the temp and light are constant, warm and bright. Also, I found that if I keep paphs there for a month or two and then move them into brighter spots in the living room they have great growth spurts! :D

The stove is basically a temporary storage/hospital area; where the temp and light are constant, warm and bright. Also, I found that if I keep paphs there for a month or two and then move them into brighter spots in the living room they have great growth spurts! :D

Okay. Just don't burn your 'patients'..! :eek::crazy: :p Are you sure it is bright enough over there (on the stove)? The 'growth spurts' sounds like responses of light-deprived plants to extra light..

Went to Parkside Fall event yesterday, I'm rushing to practice but thought I'd share some phhotos. THe event is good because you get to 'pick' for your discount. 10% - 50%. I always get the lowest 10% :(. Thanks to John and Tom for a good event.
PB260143.jpg

PB260137.jpg

PB260136.jpg

PB260135.jpg

PB260127.jpg

PB260122.jpg

PB260121.jpg

PB260114.jpg

PB260110.jpg

PB260108.jpg

PB260107.jpg

PB260106.jpg

they have a box with raffle tickets in it, with different discount rates written on them. you pick out a ticket and that's your discount rate

when they see eric coming with all the plants he buys, they grab the bucket with only 10% tickets in it! otherwise, they'd go broke ;)

when I went to parkside with eric and clark a few years ago, I had to use extreme discipline to not buy a bushel of plants!

Back