Mold on medium

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roots

ST Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I recently switched several plants from bark to a mix of lecca and rock wool. Several are starting to grow mold on both the lecca and rock wool. I am suspecting the source might be some cheap rockwool from Amazon. But strange that it is growing on an inorganic medium? I have physan 20 but the directions says to spray the plant, nothing about drenching the medium. But can I and at what strength? I also have biosafe H2O2. Can I use that as a drench? Any other suggestions for getting rid of mold? Thanks for any thoughts.

Attachments

• 20241015_114500.jpg
    20241015_114500.jpg
    1.6 MB
Simpliest with what you have would be to repot - soak fresh medium in physan before potting. For a drench banrot or thiomyl might work and be reasonably priced. If I don't treat right away I usually have some persistence in the medium. It seems like some molds are easily eradicated and others not at all. I had a mold a I was chasing in potting media this year and I ended up getting several compounds and tank mixed them. That worked well but was expensive. If rot gets into the roots then it's more of problem. Heritage is available in smaller containers on amazon and that could also be effective.

Back