My little and growing Paph. collection

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

domcpeek

Reaction score
Hey all,

This is my first post. I have one each of the following Paphs.
Paphiopedilum deperle - In bloom in the picture, ultimately produced 6 flowers
Paphiopedilum delenatii - In bud in the picture, ultimately produced 5 flowers
Paphiopedilum Fred's Grandeur - in bloom in the picture, produced only 1 flower
Paphiopedilum Wössner Vietnam Love - hidden from view

These are planted directly in Atlanta Botanic Gardens (ABG) mix in a 48" x 18" x 22" high terrarium I set up in December. The terrarium is on an automated misting system using distilled water. I leaf feed about 1x week. The humidity hovers between 85% and 90%. There is a 5" waterproof fan for circulation and grow LEDs with ~1200 watts equivalent output.

I have since removed the EpiWeb background material and replaced it with cork. The other half of the terrarium is just ABG for now. I hope to put a Paphiopedilum armeniacum there as a show plant and plant Mediocalcar decoratum around it in lieu of moss.
View attachment _DSC743602032456.jpg

These are the other orchids in the terrarium
Bulbophyllum frostii
Coelogyne wenzelii
- Red Form
Coelogyne wenzelii - Yellow Form
Epidendrum porpax
Grammatophyllum scriptum
- In spike
Haraella retrocalla - 3 blooms currently
Leptotes bicolor
Macodes petola
Phalaenopsis violacea
- In spike
Restrepia lansbergii - In bloom
Sophronitis cernua
Tolumnia Popoki 'Mitzi'

The rest of my orchids live wherever I can find space.

I am very happy to be here and learn from some folks that share the same "addiction" as me!

Last edited:
Sounds like a really neat setup! Pictures??
I saw a post explaining how to post pictures. I tried a couple different ways and I ended up with links. I'll post some pictures of the build and the terrarium in its current state.

I also do a little close-up photography. I'll post pictures of the ones in the terrarium I've shot

A couple pictures of my terrarium and some pictures I've taken of the orchids that are in there. The pictures of the paphs were created using focus stacking.

Full view of the terrarium. It is 4' long. The misting nozzles are visible. I use distilled water. As I mentioned, the empty area is reserved for a Paph. armeniacum.

The stone is Seiryu, a type of limestone. I use leaf litter because it's a bioactive terrarium. I've seeded it with springtails and a few other little bugs to break things down and be my clean up crew.

Now for some flowers. I took all of these pictures prior to planting them in the terrarium. The exception is the Paphiopedilum delenatii.

Paphiopedulum Fred's Grandure - barely started going into spike again.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back