My Paph blooms this spring

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So More Paph blooms this fall!

Paph Saint's Within (rothschildianum x philippinense).

This is a division I received from a member in this forum around summer this year. It is still recovering slowly as its roots are still getting established. But it is quite a beauty. The flowers are smaller considering it was just divided. I am hoping in its next bloom, probably 2 years from now, there will be 4 or 5 flowers.
20241010_102326.jpg20241010_102330.jpg

Paph Harold Koopowitz (P. rothschildianum 'Bloomington' x P. malipoense 'Sam's Choice)
I have had this plant for over 1.5 years. It had mealy bug infestation when I first got it and it stunted its growth a little. But now it has been growing spectacularly. This is its second bloom. The bud and flower stem took over 7 months to develop and it is still opening up as we speak. It is quite a giant with simply amazing. The only complaint I have is that I wish it has deeper striations in its dorsal petal. I am considering crossing this with my Paph Katrina or the to see if it will impart the patterns into its white dorsal

20241012_130236.jpg

Paph Green Warden (Oso Verde x Lady Margaret Thatcher) x P. (Stone Lovely x Pacific Shamrock)
I got this at the Midwest Orchid Festival almost 2 years ago. I got a deal for $20 for 3 because the seller was trying to get rid of them, 1 of the seedlings died to erwinia and the other is BS and should bloom in 6 months. It is a cross of basically all the famous big white, yellow, green bulldog complex hybrid combined into one. This is its first bloom with 2 mature growths and 2 new growths behind it. It is currently around 4.5 inch across. I am hoping the next blooms it will get even bigger hopefully 6 inches to 7 inches if I fertilize right. I am hoping to cross this with a henryanum or tigrinum or Harold Koopowitz just to see what would happen.

20241010_102252.jpg

Paph glaucophyllum (AWOO AM/AOS x Kerry Richards)

I got this plant from Tim Culbertson at Oceanside Orchid Nursery. He has really good and healthy plants. This is a second bloom and bloomed inside my indoor green house cabinet and it is intensely pink already. I think if I had let it bloom outdoors and allow cooler night temp, the pink color will get even more intense. This flower is actually quite big 2.78 inch across. I might actually use it to do a cross with my Sander's Pride to make something similar to the Paph Landmark but not exactly or Saint's Within to get a super pink pouch.

20241006_203232.jpg

In Bud
- Paph Sunshine Halo 'Big Bear' AM/AOS
- Paph King of Sweden
- Paph (Miao Hua (Golden Venus) x (Cocoa Jollix Med '2018)
- Paph QF Ki'owalokihawaine (violascens x vietnamese)
- Paph lemianum 'Heavy Metal' x Paph lemianum 'Perfect Circle'
- Paph Taiwan (rothschildianum x platyphyllum)
- Paph appletonianum x tigrinum
- Paph delenatii fma vini (Purple Angel x Purple Delight AM/AOS)
- Paph Maud Rook x Paph glanduilerum var wilhelminae
- Paph (Starr Search x Emerald) Pigsah x Paph glanduliferum

All of them are very nice, Nelson. Love your Harold Koopowitz. Your glaucophyllum should be moquetteanum.(I will choose moquetteanum over the standard glaucophyllum anytime! good fortune there!)
That St. Swithin should have longer petals(9"+) and spread out a little bit more. I am sure the next bloom will do that. Here is the photo by Rob(I darkened the original to make the flowers look close to the actual colors):

Attachments

• St. Swithin.jpeg
    St. Swithin.jpeg
    4.7 MB
Last edited:
All of them are very nice, Nelson. Love your Harold Koopowitz. Your glaucophyllum should be moquetteanum.(I will choose moquetteanum over the standard glaucophyllum anytime! good fortune there!)
That St. Swithin should have longer petals(9"+) and spread out a little bit more. I am sure the next bloom will do that. Here is the photo by Rob(I darkened the original to make the flowers look close to the actual colors):
I was wondering if it was a glaucophyllum too, but didn't want to offend any vendor. I thought glaucophyllum's dorsal petal just have striations and a white edge, rather than pink dots.

I will love the flower, but I will let Tim know that maybe he needs to investigate since it could be mislabeled.

Back