Not an alba but I still like it

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kman

ST Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sold earlier this year by SVO, these were touted as large alba Maudiae types. I purchased several, and all are growing very well and are lovely plants.

(Maurice J. Cote 'SVO' x (Paph. Meon x Oriental Enchantment) 'SVO'))

The first one is blooming now, a large flower (13 or so cm across) with great substance. But not an alba, obviously. Apparently the alba genes did not line up. What do you all think?

(Maurice J. Cote 'SVO' x (Paph. Meon x Oriental Enchantment) 'SVO')).jpg

kman that is very pretty! If I had it sitting right in front of me I might see other things but as of right now. I find the color to be softer, yes, but harmonious! It would not be as nice for example with a dark pouch and a lighter dorsal and petals.
The dorsal has a minor twist to it but is nicely striped. Venation looks sharp. Petals seem well held and look nice with that partial darker mid vein. Pouch is nice. Everything is good proportion wise.
Awardable? Perhaps. A keeper? 110% Yes!
Congratulations!!!👍

I will definitely post images of the others as they flower. All are now in sheath or low bud. Interestingly, this one has the lightest foliage of ant. One might think that that would be an indicator of less non-green pigment.

I don't grow a lot of Maudiae types, but this one is the largest flower by far.

Thanks to all for your comments.

Latest posts

Back