Paph Alexej

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alexej is a wonderful hybrid. Thanks for showing it to us. Hopefully, the next time there won't be any color break.

It's a really beautiful hybrid. I don't think I'd ever own one because I definitely prefer stuff that blooms in my conditions. Damn those roth x parvies, gorgeous but no the most floriferous things. BTW, is this hybrid fragrant? Given that both of the parents are fragrant, it wouldn't surprise me if some of the offspring are too.

It's a really beautiful hybrid. I don't think I'd ever own one because I definitely prefer stuff that blooms in my conditions. Damn those roth x parvies, gorgeous but no the most floriferous things. BTW, is this hybrid fragrant? Given that both of the parents are fragrant, it wouldn't surprise me if some of the offspring are too.
I have to disagree. I had a flask of seedlings of this hybrid from Taiwan years ago and I ended up throwing them out. There is frequent growing abnormalities in this cross with the new leaves sometimes coming in tubular which cramps the growth of ensuing leaves. Also the pouches often are a bit mis-shaped and not properly rounded but with caved in sections. Some seedlings are better than others, to be sure, but the high percentage of crippled plants makes this an unsuccessful cross on the whole. I would only buy one if you see it in flower.

Latest posts

Back