Paph. concolor, 3 spikes, at least 2 bi-floral

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paphluvr

Reaction score
This is one of the first plants I purchased when I started growing orchids about 50 yrs. ago. The tag says the varietal name is ‘gigas’ but I don’t believe that is a recognized varietal name. This is one of the largest divisions that I still have. If you look closely you can see three more buds behind the open flower. The third spike is behind the flower and not developed enough to tell if it will also be bi-floral.

If you want to see what it looked like before I broke it up, search Paph. concolor and go back to Aug. 17, 2015.

IMG_1142.jpeg

Wow! 50 years of joy from this one, congrats! The oldest Paph I still have with me is my St.Swithin, about 22 years...

Love it! The division you gave me did great for many years, with lovely cream yellow flowers.

But after some ups and downs, it is down to one growth that may not make it. If you ever divide yours again please keep me in mind :)

That is awesome!
Very good clone too! and I will be interested in a division too in the future.

WOW .... that's great in every dimension ... the plant with its bunch of lovely flowers and the story behind it.

Last edited:
Back