Paph dollgoldi

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love it, I wish that mine would make a bloom spike. I give it full sun from approx. 2:00 PM to sunset here in NJ. Still no bloom sheath.

I love it, I wish that mine would make a bloom spike. I give it full sun from approx. 2:00 PM to sunset here in NJ. Still no bloom sheath.
I just acquired one of these. I am certainly not giving it direct sun. It sounds like it is a light hog, even with the armeniacum parent? Do all rothschildianum hybrids like high light regardless of the other parent?

I give any hybrid with rothschildianum as one parent as much light as they will take. I grow my hybrids with rothschildianum as one parent outdoors in the warmer weather. None of them have turned yellow in color, however, they are a lighter shade of green.

I give any hybrid with rothschildianum as one parent as much light as they will take. I grow my hybrids with rothschildianum as one parent outdoors in the warmer weather. None of them have turned yellow in color, however, they are a lighter shade of green.
Thanks for the input. I think I might stop drawing the shade and see if they will grow a little faster.

I have mine under LED's. During summer it will not get direct sunlight, but a lot of indirect light.
It has opened fully now. I can pots a picture tomorrow.

It has a very good form and substance, but the color is a bit too green on the photo...perhaps it will turn golden yellow when the flower develops more. Good job!
BTW, who made that cross?

Is it possible that light amounts can effect flower color? I have been in love with this hybrid ever since I was bitten by the paph. bug. I would be estatic if I ever get mine to bloom like this. Thanks for sharing.

It may be your indoor lights are producing too much green spectrum to render color correctly. Try a sunlight pic.

Here it is in natural sun
The colour is not as golden as seen in other pictures. Looks a bit more yellow.
What do you guys think?

Attachments

• IMG_3221.jpeg
    IMG_3221.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3220.jpeg
    IMG_3220.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Back