Paph dollgoldi

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Leslie might have thought it was P. Harold Koopowitz based on the early photos. I think HK has a different staminode tho.

It is P. Dollgoldi IMO. The color is much better now. Congrats!

Last edited:
If we all do it the right way, it will be easier for someone who wants to do the search/understanding, and especially for those with "fancy" hybrid names that might confuse people with species.

I just acquired one of these. I am certainly not giving it direct sun. It sounds like it is a light hog, even with the armeniacum parent? Do all rothschildianum hybrids like high light regardless of the other parent?
Armeniacum wants, and can take, a lot more light than people normally think.WHen not in spike, I give mine _almost_ full sun in the summer here in Ohio.

Armeniacum wants, and can take, a lot more light than people normally think.WHen not in spike, I give mine _almost_ full sun in the summer here in Ohio.
Thanks for the heads up. I would love to add armeniacum to my little collection. When I do, I will keep this in mind. Since I have been giving my roth hybrids more sunlight they have started growing, (not blooming 😕)

Back