Paph. godefroyae var. leucochilum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

papheteer

Reaction score
I love this one! Small flower but I think shape is good. Color is decent too. Nice surprise as I wasn't expecting much from this plant. Easily a new favorite. Brachies are super reliable under my care that I'm never out of bloom!

OH!! Beautiful!!! Not a big fan of brachies usually but this one is awesome! And the pouch is so perfect! :drool:

Thank you guys! I am really pleased with this one. Looks like a brachy with a bulldog shape. It's newly repotted as well so I am looking forward to seeing it bloom on a stronger plant!

Hey Papheteer, I'm a Brachy person too! You have such
a beautiful bloom...perfect pouch and I sort of like the slight cupping.

Angela, for me parvi blooms are still a tad more impressive. But brachies are so much more frequent blooming and they last and last last!!! Yes i consider myself a brachy person as well. When i get a bigger place, I will dedicated a whole room just for brachies so that i can give them the warmer temps they want!

How often do they bloom?
For species, parvi brachy all have distinct season to bloom, and even hybrids bloom once a year with a rare exception I believe.

So how often is often for you?
The flowers on brachy do last longer than parvis in general I guess.

How often do they bloom?
For species, parvi brachy all have distinct season to bloom, and even hybrids bloom once a year with a rare exception I believe.

So how often is often for you?
The flowers on brachy do last longer than parvis in general I guess.

My Psyche, thaianum x bellatulum and concolor are almost ever-blooming. There's always a new bud to replace the spent flowers. Bellatulum, my other concolor, and most of the hybrids bloom twice a year at least. Leucochilum so far once a year. But they are new and young. Most of my brachies are multigrowth. Parvis I've never bloomed more than once a year. Most of the time they take longer. I think my grow room temps and conditions are much more suited to my brachies' needs.

Oh yeah and I have a niveum that just grows and grows. I think it's trying to recover because the last time it bloomed I let it keep the flower for 4 months on a single growth! Can't wait to see it bloom again.

I find with brachies, they can be slow starters but once they become 3 growths at least then they become much more vigorous and capable of blooming very freely.

Also, this is completely anecdotal, but I find brachies love being fed! A bit more than parvis.

Latest posts

Back