Paph helenae x fairreanum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IvoPhal

ST Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I made a mistake probably, above mentioned Paph was in small pot ant I repotted in 3,5 inch with bark and pumice. Than added several times dolomite lime.
I read somewhere here that’sHelenae are acid loving and prefer smaller pots.
Paph has little bit yellowing leaves and I feel that’s something is not going like it should be….

I am growing plain helenae and a few hybrids. They are under lights at 1,600 foot candles. I have 5 clones of the species and one I bought in early July is in bud. They seem to be thriving.
I am growing in a fine sized or seedling mix. 50% orchiata, 25% charcoal and 25% perlite. I am fertilizing once every other watering. The pots sit on ‘egg crate’ in a bit of water. The water evaporates within 3-4 days exposing the egg crate. Then I water. So maybe once a week.
I am running my lights for 11 hours and the humidity level in my orchid area is between 70-90%. When the lights are on, a fan blows gently over the plants.
I have a few henryanums next to them and they look great as well. What am I feeding them with? 20-20-20 and I add some cal mag. As soon as my old brain 🧠 remembers, I want to incorporate Kelpak into my plant care system.

Latest posts

Back