Paph. henryanum “Albino Beauty”

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
These have been really tough for me out of flask. I lost quite a few that just turned brown and died, rotted, and I couldn’t stop it. Once they adjusted, they were slow growing and lower leaves turn yellow and die quickly. But, this little plant did send up a spike

Attachments

• IMG_5056.jpeg
    IMG_5056.jpeg
    1.2 MB
  • IMG_5055.jpeg
    IMG_5055.jpeg
    1.5 MB
  • IMG_5054.jpeg
    IMG_5054.jpeg
    1.2 MB
yes. the leaves dont look green and healthy. is that related to the 'albinism' or is it just a weak plant?
They don’t have a very good root system. There did seem to be a slight improvement when repotted. Albinism is I think the weak link. I have 4 other pots of these little Henry’s and they are all similar. The frequency that they “Eat a leaf” is suggesting to me something is lacking.

I agree completely ...... on the other hand it's really impressive to see this plant in flower after it is out of flask only for 3 years.
It could be a little bit longer. I looked back on my records and did not have it recorded. I’ve been in the GH for 3 years this month and they were initially deflasked under lights indoors.

Latest posts

Back