Paph Jerry's Song (Fumis Delight x emersonii 'White Sail'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice Jerry's Song Jane!

Yep they are from Orchids Limited. The name "Jerry" refers to Jerry Fischer.

This has been a very nice cross. The flowers have been very variable in color from plant to plant ranging from white with a yellow lip (resembling the emersonii parent) to almost all yellow (resembing it's armeniacum grand parent) to pink (resembling it's micranthum grandparent).

Here are 4 other plants from this cross:

PaphFumisDelightxemersonii-close-82.2003.jpg

PaphJerrysSong1228.2005.jpg

PaphJerrysSongSweetHeart214.2006.jpg

PaphJerrysSong625.2007.jpg

Here is a link:

http://www.orchidweb.com/detail.aspx?ID=550

Robert

Very nice hybrid, Robert! IS it an easy grower though? Do you find it an easy and reliable bloomer every year? or does it inherited emersonii's slow growth pattern?

Jane: Nice job blooming yours!!!

I like the 3rd one best with it's subtle, but not so common shades of pink. The 2nd best would be the 4th, sunset colors in a parvi!! Too bad I can't have it here in Canada, or can I? :poke:

Very nice hybrid, Robert! IS it an easy grower though? Do you find it an easy and reliable bloomer every year? or does it inherited emersonii's slow growth pattern?

Jane: Nice job blooming yours!!!

I think it is probably a little easier to grow than Paph. emersonii, but it has inherited some of it's slow growth pattern qualities; and to be honest I cannot say that it is a reliable bloomer. (I have not seen the same plant bloom each year for us).

And if you place a big enough order, yes we will even ship them to Canada!

Robert

Back