Paphiopedilum Joyce Hasegawa

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This cross is delenatii x emersonii.

The flowers are a nice size and remind be of fluffy pillows or clouds. It is slightly fragrant, like citrus and roses The dorsal is a bit wonky likely from the emersonii. For the life of me I can not find the picture of its last blooming to see if the dorsal was the same.

20241020_210603.jpg20241020_210552.jpg

Every time I see this particular hybrid I love the same thing over and over. In this breeding, I like the puffiness of the flower sure but I really enjoy the color at the flowers center. The soft pink pouch, the red bars of the staminode with that bright yellow central spot. I just find that so appealing and quite attractive! I like this a lot Dj. Very nice!
That little twist to the dorsal just adds to its overall charm. 🥰 💕

Nicely grown, Darlene.
I had this hybrid before(almost 20 years ago)...it bloomed then died soon after...and it was an awardable clone too.

Darlene, that's such a gorgeous plant and even more stunning flower, well grown!
I particularly like the contrast of the saturated staminode against the rest of the segments.

Latest posts

Back