Paphiopedilum myanmaricum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, it's really hard to say good-bye and adjust to whatever the new normal is going to be. His brother misses him very much too and is still calling and going through the house looking for him. Life carries on in the plant room however and I'm thankful to see new blooms popping up here and there.
I am so sorry for your loss, Lori. We went through the same situation earlier this year when we had to say goodbye to our dog Maggie...I cried far more for her passing than when I lost my parents.

Lovers of plants hopefully nuture a love for all things natural. Cats are just too darn cute to not resist sorry to hear of your loss.

The plant looks great but you have a lot of aeration. Do you water constantly?
Thank you for your kind words :)
The plant roots do have a lot of aeration actually. I use a chunkier size of Orchiata in the bottom two thirds of the pot and then use a top dressing of finer bark so I don't have to water every day. The plant is in a 3" pot and has been growing well. It's on the top shelf of my light stand and gets watered twice a week. I also mist daily in the warm weather but I'm careful not to get water into the crown of the plant. I have a fan going for about 14-15 hours per day.

Latest posts

Back