• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SlipperTalk Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wanted Paphiopedilum papilio loaticus

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree, illegal. Was recently discovered in either 2017 or 2018. You just have to give it time.
Probably not okay to buy yet. And if you try, you might be asking for trouble.
If you did buy one or try to buy one, you are leaving an internet trail.

I agree, illegal. Was recently discovered in either 2017 or 2018. You just have to give it time.
Probably not okay to buy yet. And if you try, you might be asking for trouble.
If you did buy one or try to buy one, you are leaving an internet trail.
Ya I stumbled on it and was like it must be fake because I have never heard or seen it. I tried to do more research and found out it was discovered within the last decade. I sent an email to the seller and they acted like there was no problem sending it to the USA. However what really caught me was when I also messaged about paphiopedilum rungsuriyanum. Acted also like no big deal to ship to the USA. As I do know that this one is definitely a no no I knew that it was not the best idea. I also talked to a paph expert and they said it is illegal too. Dang I geuss ill have to wait, but it is the honest good option.

There is one on e-bay right now with an opening bid of $199.
There is a $300 ‘buy it now option’.
Ya that's the one I saw too. Is it allowed in Canada 🇨🇦? Like I'm so confused if the seller or buyer gets in trouble. Does ebay defend the buyers? Like honest a person going through ebay sees a pretty plants and buys it. They usually don't think "is this plant illegal" . Usually it says boldly does not go to certain states like Hawaii etc

Are you that naive to think that E-bay will defend you for illegal plant importation!!!??? Get serious.
BOTH the seller and buyer get in trouble.
WHY, why, why are you risking trouble over an orchid, a plant, when all you need to do is to wait patiently????

Last edited:
Ya that's the one I saw too. Is it allowed in Canada 🇨🇦? Like I'm so confused if the seller or buyer gets in trouble. Does ebay defend the buyers? Like honest a person going through ebay sees a pretty plants and buys it. They usually don't think "is this plant illegal" . Usually it says boldly does not go to certain states like Hawaii etc

Don't know if we live on the same planet, but just searching for emersonii on the USA eBay returned 3 sellers, and two with wild collected plants shipping from the USA as an example. It has been so since years for many plant species.

Back