Phal. violacea ' Harford's Orange', AM/AOS

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This cultivar has been around for a while. I only know a handful of people who were able to get a piece. Mostly breeders

This is a lovely flower. Every time i see it I appreciate it's uniqueness. I also question the lineage a bit.

I have also heard that selfing this clone produced variable progeny indicating that it is a hybrid, not a species. I would be curious to see it selfed again before tissue or other mass propagation. If it is a true species, it would be magnificent to put the questions to bed once and for all.

I am would love it to be a cool mutation of the species.

This is a lovely flower. Every time i see it I appreciate it's uniqueness. I also question the lineage a bit.

I have also heard that selfing this clone produced variable progeny indicating that it is a hybrid, not a species. I would be curious to see it selfed again before tissue or other mass propagation. If it is a true species, it would be magnificent to put the questions to bed once and for all.

I am would love it to be a cool mutation of the species.
I am aware of it being selfed at least three times….according to the hybridizers, none bloomed out like parent. Two of those folks are no longer with us. Possibly another selfing and / or submit to a very good taxonomist.

To me it also look 100% hybrid.
The only possibility which would work for me is, that it is a natural hybrid. Maybe with sumatrana. But i dont know if there was a location where both species occur together.

I have always been on the 'Natural Hybrid' side. Who knows that was out there being collected and sold off back then.

Back