Phalaenopsis sanderiana

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GuRu

experienced greenhorn
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I always wanted a pure P. amabilis or P. sanderiana because I like these two species due to there pure white or delicate rosa flowers a lot. Not many nurseries offer these species for sale .... but since early spring this year I posses P. sanderiana and now she's flowering for the very first time.
I hope you like her the same way as I do....so here she is.

10252_23.10.10_phalaenopsis_sanderiana.jpg

10254_23.10.10_phalaenopsis_sanderiana.jpg

Last edited:
I always wanted a pure P. amabilis or P. sanderiana because I like these two species due to there pure white or delicate rosa flowers a lot. Not many nurseries offer these species for sale .... but since early spring this year I posses P. sanderiana and now she's flowering for the very first time.
I hope you like her the same way as I do....so here she is.

10252_23.10.10_phalaenopsis_sanderiana.jpg

10254_23.10.10_phalaenopsis_sanderiana.jpg
Lovely!

You can see half of the plant in the first photo of post #1 ... the plant looks more or less the same as 1 year ago. If you want a new photo I must beg you for patience of few days.
Thanks. No worries :)

While I appreciate these species, there is much to learn in growing them. I have no experience with sanderiana but have with equestris, amabilis. and schilleriana. Amabilis if grown very well, you may get 8/10 flowers on an infl.. All the awards to any plant with well shingled flowers, more than a 10 per infl. count to me is suspect. I have grown several amabilis, but never got one to where it could compete and win at a show against other phalaenopsis species. To champion with amabilis I feel you would need a plant that basal kiki's in order to increase the inflorescence count, it has been done in Taiwan with 88 flowers on 9 inflorescence. Below are an equestris and a schilleriana. With these two species it takes at least 4/5 years to get them up to show quality speed. I have 6 variety of equestris and find that the alba, alba var. cyanochilus (blue lip) and alba var. aureum (yellow lip) present in superior displays with 4,5 branches per infl.. I will try to post these superior equestris sometime this year. Below are a schilleriana (open basket culture) still a juvenile plant and an equestris rosea.

Attachments

• equestris orange.PNG
    equestris orange.PNG
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • schilleriana 2024 db.jpg
    schilleriana 2024 db.jpg
    625.1 KB · Views: 1

Latest posts

Back