Phragmipedium ritcherii 'Hydra'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treefrog

Reaction score
I just named it 10s ago :)
This is a very vigorous grower that blooms all year long. The spikes consistently branches which is not a common feature of this species. The plant flowering habit is difficult to capture with a picture so I've added a video.

Cheers,
Mathieu

Attachments

• 20240915_075657.mp4
    17.2 MB
So cool! Yes, branching spikes is one of my favorite features of this genus.

Neat to see your set-up and yard as well. Although I love the climate and biome where I live (except for several months at the height of summer and depths of winter), it's super neat to see such a completely different tropical environment!

By trying to find on the forum other pictures of P. ritcherii for comparison, I found out their are no other pictures.....This is surprising how cool this species is with its elegant leaves, compact form and relatively big flowers.

By trying to find on the forum other pictures of P. ritcherii for comparison, I found out their are no other pictures.....This is surprising how cool this species is with its elegant leaves, compact form and relatively big flowers.

The correctly spelled name of this natural hybrid is "richteri" (or x richteri).

If you searched for examples using the spelling in the title of this thread, then that may explain why you didn't see any other photos. But searching by the correct spelling brings up several nice examples.

Latest posts

Back