Supardii with Odd Fungal/Bacterial Infection

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kc6847

Reaction score
As the title says, this one has been struck by something I haven’t ever encountered before. I’ve had the plant for a little over a year and over the past month, this weird infection continued to spread through the plant. It presents like soft rot but the rot itself is not nearly as soft as the mush I’ve encountered on my P. sanderianum, and uniquely, weird rot-smelling exudate of an almost gelatin-like texture form along wherever the rot takes hold. None of my other paphs have this and is completely new to me. I have phyton 27 on hand in case I need to use it but I have isolated it for now.

Attachments

• IMG_2680.jpeg
    IMG_2680.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2681.jpeg
    IMG_2681.jpeg
    878 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2682.jpeg
    IMG_2682.jpeg
    862.6 KB · Views: 0
Agreed. That looks like erwinia, which is a fast-=moving bacterial infection, easily spread with splashing water. Definitely use the Phyton 27.

I also would say this looks like a bacterial infection of Erwinia spec. or Pseudomonas spec.. Cut off any infected parts generously and use what is recommended above .... also cinnamon poder helps though it is fugizid.
If you are interested in further information you will find it here. Languages are German and English. Good luck for the plant.

Just a thought- I received a Phal with strong roots although but with the same leaves. The delivery was madly delayed in hot weather and the leaves were the same. If you watering regime was neglecting in some kind? Just a thought like I said. Of course try with different pesticides and patience..

Back