Tate Olsen

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Indeed. Looks a bit like Sorcerer’s Apprentice’s taller uncle.

(Hah! Looked it up, it’s SA x Grande, so that was a good guess.)

It’s Tate Olson, by the way, not with an “e”.

For anyone wondering, Phragmipedium Tate Olsen is a hybrid of Phragmipedium Sorcerer's Apprentice × Phragmipedium Grande. So this hybrid is...

50% Phrag. longifolium
25% Phrag. sargentianum
25% Phrag. humboldtii

Pretty nice outcome if you ask me. Seems like the flowers are fairly proportionally large and have nice, dark accent color to them. The speckled lip is a pretty neat outcome as well. I'm guessing this is a fairly large grower, and given that it appears to be a first bloom seedling, I would expect that future growths could grow out to be even larger than this first growth.

For anyone wondering, Phragmipedium Tate Olsen is a hybrid of Phragmipedium Sorcerer's Apprentice × Phragmipedium Grande. So this hybrid is...

50% Phrag. longifolium
25% Phrag. sargentianum
25% Phrag. humboldtii

Pretty nice outcome if you ask me. Seems like the flowers are fairly proportionally large and have nice, dark accent color to them. The speckled lip is a pretty neat outcome as well. I'm guessing this is a fairly large grower, and given that it appears to be a first bloom seedling, I would expect that future growths could grow out to be even larger than this first growth.
I was pleasantly surprised by the color, I really like it!
I agree with you size assessment, I think it's going to be a big one

Shhhh! If I ever said that something wasn’t super special, it would die on me within a week! 😢😩
Besides, I am not quite sure what you were expecting?
I think it is real nice. I know Dj likes the high hat dorsal, me too! The little twist to it is very nice. And I really like the color. Nice dark pouch and same color on the petals!!! And look how at the base of the petals, the red color is along the margins leaving the center greenish. I think it is an attractive flower!!

“Nothing super special”? Say that quieter the next time.
👍👍👍😜

Shhhh! If I ever said that something wasn’t super special, it would die on me within a week! 😢😩
Besides, I am not quite sure what you were expecting?
I think it is real nice. I know Dj likes the high hat dorsal, me too! The little twist to it is very nice. And I really like the color. Nice dark pouch and same color on the petals!!! And look how at the base of the petals, the red color is along the margins leaving the center greenish. I think it is an attractive flower!!

“Nothing super special”? Say that quieter the next time.
👍👍👍😜
Sorry for the late response, just saw your comment.
You are right, my bad....EVERY ONE of my plants are special for different reasons and I agree that is is a very attractive flower. As I have had more time with it I REALLY appreciate the colors. The twist to the tall dorsal threw me off thinking its deformed

Latest posts

Back