Unknown new growth on Dendrobium Victoria Reginae

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cearbhael

Reaction score
My Dendrobium has started a new growth…at the bottom of the newest pseudo pod. It “looks” like a new root for a phalenopsis, but we are talking Dendrobium with thin white roots. It has flowered already in May-Jun and winter is arriving in a couple of months…is this the start of a new pseudo pod? It seems to me that should rise out of media?? Any help here is welcome!

Attachments

• IMG_0419.jpeg
    IMG_0419.jpeg
    1.7 MB
  • IMG_0417.jpeg
    IMG_0417.jpeg
    1.3 MB
  • IMG_0416.jpeg
    IMG_0416.jpeg
    1.3 MB
Pseudobulbs, not pods.
To me it looks like the beginning of a new bulb. Little vegetative growths can pop up almost anywhere on this type of Dendrobium.
It could even form its own roots later on.

Pseudobulbs, not pods.
To me it looks like the beginning of a new bulb. Little vegetative growths can pop up almost anywhere on this type of Dendrobium.
Hmmm, should I build up the media so it can set roots?? I would love to give it all the support it needs to grow strong and produce more blooms! It currently has 4 pseudo bulbs, all hail and healthy!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB
Pseudobulbs, not pods.
It could even form its own

Attachments

• IMG_9259.jpeg
    IMG_9259.jpeg
    1.7 MB
  • IMG_9260.jpeg
    IMG_9260.jpeg
    1.4 MB
Pseudobulbs, not pods.
Sorry, I know that…brain fart here!

Back