Update: Please help! I'm such a klutz!!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow! That is one gorgeous plant! The mass of curls is spectacular
Thank you. I hope she travels alright and doesn't get any more curls snipped off. She's well packed and surrounded by lots of bubble wrap and I warned our show set up lady that her petals are more delicate than they look so I guess I've done about as much as I can do. I plan to pop over to the Island to see the show on Sunday. I'll post another update after that.

Thank you. I hope she travels alright and doesn't get any more curls snipped off. She's well packed and surrounded by lots of bubble wrap and I warned our show set up lady that her petals are more delicate than they look so I guess I've done about as much as I can do. I plan to pop over to the Island to see the show on Sunday. I'll post another update after that.
It’s always nerve wracking to transport the long petalled plants. I thought I would wreck the car trying to drive Yang-Ji Hawk to our meeting.
Can’t wait to hear how things turn out at the show. I bet she’ll be the belle of the ball!

It’s always nerve wracking to transport the long petalled plants. I thought I would wreck the car trying to drive Yang-Ji Hawk to our meeting.
Can’t wait to hear how things turn out at the show. I bet she’ll be the belle of the ball!
I hear you! Some years ago I took my sanderianum to Victoria for judging. It involved lots of driving and a ferry ride. It took me ages to pack that plant securely but it made it there just fine. Then during judging one of the judges accidentally tore off a petal!!!!!

I hear you! Some years ago I took my sanderianum to Victoria for judging. It involved lots of driving and a ferry ride. It took me ages to pack that plant securely but it made it there just fine. Then during judging one of the judges accidentally tore off a petal!!!!!
😱😱. Oh that’s awful! Especially since it takes forever to bloom one.
Incidentally, how do you keep the petals from bouncing around?

😱😱. Oh that’s awful! Especially since it takes forever to bloom one.
Incidentally, how do you keep the petals from bouncing around?
I have the spike really well staked and lots of bubble wrap around the pot so that it won't hit the other plants in the box. The petals still bounce but they shouldn't get torn on anything. The box also has really tall sides to protect the plant from anything getting too close to it. I thought about putting some tissue up and around the petals but decided that since they are so delicate I'd leave it alone and hope for the best.

I have the spike really well staked and lots of bubble wrap around the pot so that it won't hit the other plants in the box. The petals still bounce but they shouldn't get torn on anything. The box also has really tall sides to protect the plant from anything getting too close to it. I thought about putting some tissue up and around the petals but decided that since they are so delicate I'd leave it alone and hope for the best.
I guess that’s about all you can do

Back