Update: Please help! I'm such a klutz!!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OH MY GOODNESS!!! I am so excited for you!! CONGRATULATIONS!!🥰
Talk about Belle of the Ball-she came home with the whole kingdom!
Thank you so much! I still can't believe it. When I arrived at the show yesterday I couldn't get near my plant because of all the people crowded around it taking pictures. It was a crazy. I have to go back to the real world today (work) but will get some pictures together in the next couple of days and update this thread. It looks like the clonal name is going to be "Belle of the Ball"!

Oh how perfect!!😍
An FCC under any conditions is wonderful, but your Belle has such a fantastic backstory. I am just so happy for you!💕
I was so excited that I sent the pictures and the “tale of the snipped petal” to my daughter in Nepal (Peace Corps volunteer) and my godson stationed at Fort Riley in Kansas. They were both very excited and wish you many Congratulations! Your fame is spreading like wildfire-even outside the orchid world!
I can’t wait to see your pictures!

Oh how perfect!!😍
An FCC under any conditions is wonderful, but your Belle has such a fantastic backstory. I am just so happy for you!💕
I was so excited that I sent the pictures and the “tale of the snipped petal” to my daughter in Nepal (Peace Corps volunteer) and my godson stationed at Fort Riley in Kansas. They were both very excited and wish you many Congratulations! Your fame is spreading like wildfire-even outside the orchid world!
I can’t wait to see your pictures!
That's so nice of you. I feel very honoured. But I have to credit you for coming up with her clonal name. You encouraged me not to let her miss the ball because of her snipped curl, lol. Then after she was awarded you were the first to refer to her as the Belle of the Ball and I really liked the sound of it. Several people at the show also referred to her as the Belle of the Ball even before I said anything about a clonal name so there was no ignoring it by then. It seems that it was meant to be!

That's so nice of you. I feel very honoured. But I have to credit you for coming up with her clonal name. You encouraged me not to let her miss the ball because of her snipped curl, lol. Then after she was awarded you were the first to refer to her as the Belle of the Ball and I really liked the sound of it. Several people at the show also referred to her as the Belle of the Ball even before I said anything about a clonal name so there was no ignoring it by then. It seems that it was meant to be!
I am so touched and thrilled that you named her that. Thank you! It could not have been a happier ending for your fairytale princess orchid. 🥰

I am so touched and thrilled that you named her that. Thank you! It could not have been a happier ending for your fairytale princess orchid. 🥰
I remember when I read your comment about not missing the ball because of a snipped curl. Very perceptive, something every woman here could relate to!!

Thank you, that's very encouraging. It's a first bloom seedling with a 28" leaf span so I hope it'll at least do well in that category. I guess it depends on how many other plants are entered. Fun, fun!
Amazing plant and flowers for a first bloom seedling. Great growing!!

Amazing plant and flowers for a first bloom seedling. Great growing!!
It was definitely a surprise to me to see it grow into something so big. I was impressed that it had six flowers on the first bloom (I believe the judges were impressed by that too). The timing couldn't have worked out better so even with its snipped curl I had to send it out into the world to see how it would fare.

Latest posts

Back