Bulbophyllum medley

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rick

Reaction score
Here's a few that looked too nice to ignore.

B. bandishii

B. orthoglosum (very stinky)

B patens (smells like cloves/pumpkin pie)

B. blumei

That bandischii is really sweet. Does your plant ramble all over?

Yes, long rambling stolons. Kind of weird that best growth is on the shady facing direction, but most of the flowering is on the bright side of the basket with the worst looking growth. If things go like last year, it won't quit blooming till the end of October.

PS I have some good looking frostii pics to share soon too.

Cool. Are you growing these in baskets, also?

Yes Dot.

I've been keeping 90% of my Bulbos mounted or in baskets long before I started doing it for slippers. Most of my early potted Bulbos did pretty crappy. A couple like my mandibulare and a recent dearei acquisition are still potted and doing very well. I have a couple of cruentum, one is doing well and the other struggling in pots. Low K pulled one out of its doldrums but not the older of the two.

There's also a fair number that started in pots, but overgrew the pots into the baskets I hung them in before I got around to getting them out of their original pots. So occasionally you can still find an old clay or plastic pot buried in the basket.

Thanks, Rick. They probably grow better in baskets than mounted.

May be somewhat species specific on that difference.
In general mounted or basket the Bulbos in general have been very responsive to K reduction.

But several plants on mounts are totally out of control. And some of the baskets have so little media of any type, they might as well be considered mounted anyway.

Latest posts

Back