Help with ID of two paphs

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SarahL

Reaction score
Hi! Last year, I purchased these two no id paphs but was told they were both Rothschildianum. As the year has progressed and as I have done more research into paphs, I am starting to wonder. They have both bloomed (not by me), but one is big and bushy and grows rather quickly. Since I bought it, there have been several new fans and the existing fans continue to grow leaves. The other one, is just a single healthy fan and the other is declining. But the 'healthy' fan has grown very little in the past year. I wondered if it was too big for the pot, so I recently repotted into a smaller pot. Based on pictures of rothschildianum, they seem to generally have one fan at a time, although people generally just take pics of the flowers, not the leaves, lol, so I am not sure. I think without flowers, a concrete id is not possible, but I was wondering if the bushy one is actually a rothschildianum. Whatever it is, it seems to like my care so far (a few hours of sun through a window daily). Please let me know your thoughts.

Thank you!

Attachments

• 20240906_193924.jpg
    20240906_193924.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240906_194007.jpg
    20240906_194007.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Without them being in bloom it’s impossible to tell. Even when or if they bloom it will always be an educated guess as there are hybrids that resemble rothschildianum.

Latest posts

Back