Ho Chi Minh

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have an unflowered seedling of Ho Chi Minh. I too am curious how long the flowers last? I am picking up hints from reading other posts that flowers from this group don’t seem to last for months like other Paph. flowers do.

I am picking up hints from reading other posts that flowers from this group don’t seem to last for months like other Paph. flowers do.

Parvis seem to mostly have decent flower lifespans, 6 - 8 weeks is about what I get from many/most of them indoors. However, the reason people might be asking about this one specifically is because one of the parent species (vietnamense) is notorious for its short lived flowers, a trait which it can pass on to its progeny.

I like this plant because it is utterly easy to grow, and clumps well. I've never managed to get more than 2 flowers on it at a time however. A few years back it initiated 5 buds, but I was busy and didn't pamper them so all but 2 blasted. This year I was more careful.
very nice! How long do the flowers last normally?
I have an unflowered seedling of Ho Chi Minh. I too am curious how long the flowers last? I am picking up hints from reading other posts that flowers from this group don’t seem to last for months like other Paph. flowers do.
I seem to get right around 14 days, give or take a day. This year I suspect it might be on shorter since we have rocketed into the summer heat. It's forecast to be in the mid 90s today, and even now at 8 am it's already 88 - yuck!
Lovely paph, but wow that Neofinetia specimen in the background looks AMAZING!
Yes, it is Neo season. That is a pine leaf type, hence it can really clump up. I should break it up, but it looks so impressive altogether I just can get myself to do it. I bought it as 'Tousui' but from what I can tell it isn't that. I'm going to a show this weekend and should inquire about it.

I think the flowers of vietnamense and HCM are very girly/pretty, that is why I added both to my little collection. If I knew the flowers were short-lived, I would not have bought them. I have the same problem with micranthum and Magic Lantern--the flowers were also short-lived under my care.(some said micranthum might last a month but certainly not mine, 10-12 days average, 2 weeks for ML)

Latest posts

Back