Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi All,

I’ve been a long time lurker on here. I had a lot of orchids and mostly paphs about 13 years ago, was out of touch with hobby for a while but kept some plants going and now I’ve been getting back into it the last few years. It’s nice to see a lot of the people on this forum that I saw when I looked on here a decade ago. I’ve learned a lot from posts on here. I have mostly and a few other genera. I’m interested in complex paphs in particular but I have a mix of species and some primary hybrids as well. I grow indoors under lights and outdoors during summer in Pennsylvania.

Best,

Charles

Welcome, welcome, welcome!!! Maybe we can get you seriously involved with the forums and lurk no more. But regardless, so glad you decided to post. 😁
I grow under lights myself and my collection is compact Cattleyas, compact Paphiopedilums and a few other things. I grow both species and hybrids.
Again, good to meet you.

Welcome from a former Doylestonian who worked in Exton. Now on a barrier island in NC.
I used to horseback ride at a place in Furlong. I also used to make a lot of trips to Parkside while they were open. Do you know if John and Tom are still around? I thought they moved to Florida but I guess they would be pretty old now. They were so nice.

Welcome from Madeira!

I'm new here too, but I've been into orchids for about 25 years ago. I was an intern in 2000 at Longwood Gardens and got to manage all of the orchid houses while the head gardeners took vacations, so I really found my love of orchids right there in your backyard.

Welcome to the forum/BACK to the forum from Southern California.
I also grow under lights, many complex and hybrid paph, alot of phrags, catts and a smattering of others.
Here is one little section, my display area for tall spike plants

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240911_183234_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20240911_183234_Photos.jpg
    367.6 KB · Views: 0
Welcome from Madeira!

I'm new here too, but I've been into orchids for about 25 years ago. I was an intern in 2000 at Longwood Gardens and got to manage all of the orchid houses while the head gardeners took vacations, so I really found my love of orchids right there in your backyard.
I work very close to Longwood - I’m sure that was a cool experience. They’re just finishing up a huge renovation (I think it was $300 million) where they tore down a lot of those old greenhouses. I think most of the orchids are now kept in different complex on the other side of route 1.

I am very envious of your current location from the pictures you have posted! My dad’s family is Cuban and when they fled the country I believe his grandfather retired in the Canary Islands.

Welcome to the forum/BACK to the forum from Southern California.
I also grow under lights, many complex and hybrid paph, alot of phrags, catts and a smattering of others.
Here is one little section, my display area for tall spike plants
Thank you! I think we might both be using the same racking and lighting system. It’s nice how easily available a reasonably priced LED set up is these days. I used to grow with a southeast window but the plants grow so much more consistently with the lights.

Latest posts

Back