Paph. Dollgoldi

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This has been a strong growing plant that certainly has hybrid vigor. I was wondering if it would ever bloom. Once it set buds I was concerned they might blast with 98 degree GH temps. Certainly worth the wait!

Attachments

• IMG_4724.jpeg
    IMG_4724.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_4726.jpeg
    IMG_4726.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 1
That is sooo stunning! I have one at home. What conditions are you growing in?
It is in a greenhouse with 70% aluminet shade cloth. It is probably 95 degrees in there right now. Low of 61 in winter. Since Dollgoldi is a hybrid of armeniacum X Rothschildianum I’m really surprised it is doing so well and blooming in these temperatures. Hybrid vigor!

Do you have more of those? I received a really bad plant through a trade recently and just trashed it...but I do love to have one....please let me know if you have more from the same cross.

So many folks seem to have these but so few bloom them…I have whatever one was a show plant at the CBG Orchid show in 2017; sets buds every few years but never comes through. Do you have a secret? I’d like to see it bloom once before I trade it off. Maybe this is the year…

You got lucky, it was a mature specimen or grown up compot. Some Dollgoldis, Delrosi's and other Roth hybrids grow for 20 years without blooming. Nice.
Actually, I think Sam had potted up the larger plants in the flask and he gave me the smaller plants that were potted up together. But they have grown quite a bit. And yes, I did get lucky, he picked it up and gave it to me. I said what's this...he said Dollgoldi, you can have it!

So many folks seem to have these but so few bloom them…I have whatever one was a show plant at the CBG Orchid show in 2017; sets buds every few years but never comes through. Do you have a secret? I’d like to see it bloom once before I trade it off. Maybe this is the year…
No secret, it gets took care of like everything else.

Latest posts

Back