Paph. Dollgoldi

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dollgoldi dudd
This plant is from Piping Rock and years older than the one in this post!View attachment 48193View attachment 48194
I also have one of these, purchased from Glen at a show. It's sibling was in his display and was absolutely incredible, perhaps a bad sign that I got the unbloomed sibling.....Mine has a very similar growth habit, leaves from this cross seem to look quite different from your amazing flowering plant. I've got a few sheaths and false sheaths over the years, but still so far no blooms.....
IMG_3292.jpg
IMG_3291.jpgIMG_3293.jpgIMG_3294.jpg

I also have one of these, purchased from Glen at a show. It's sibling was in his display and was absolutely incredible, perhaps a bad sign that I got the unbloomed sibling.....Mine has a very similar growth habit, leaves from this cross seem to look quite different from your amazing flowering plant. I've got a few sheaths and false sheaths over the years, but still so far no blooms.....
View attachment 48251
View attachment 48250View attachment 48252View attachment 48253
Your Dollgoldi from Piping Rock looks to be a much stronger grower than the one I have...and mine hasn't tried to bloom as yours looks like now.
The OI Dollgoldi was showing buds in February when I was repotting...so I did not repot. I will as soon as this blooming is done.

My Dollgoldi sulked - not declining but not growing much at all - until I adjusted the fertilizer regime to include Urea. I'm planning to fill in the details soon in a new post - too much to outline here. Foliar feeding in the early morning with a 300 PPM N Urea solution, with a small dose of Maxicrop as well, also seems to give the roth primary hybrids I grow a kick in the pants and a glow to the new growth. My observations, which may or may not be applicable elsewhere.

My Dollgoldi sulked - not declining but not growing much at all - until I adjusted the fertilizer regime to include Urea. I'm planning to fill in the details soon in a new post - too much to outline here. Foliar feeding in the early morning with a 300 PPM N Urea solution, with a small dose of Maxicrop as well, also seems to give the roth primary hybrids I grow a kick in the pants and a glow to the new growth. My observations, which may or may not be applicable elsewhere.
Looking forward to your detailed post.

Back