Paph Johanna Burkhardt 'Sarah'.

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Outstanding flower! I love it. I think that an AOS award is in this plant's future. Just a friendly tip. If you want the plant to present its absolute best at a show or judging, loose the green spike clips and get some twisties that match the stem color. Cut them in half and wrap the twistie smoothly around the spike and the stake. This way the tie-in between stem and stake is smooth and invisible. I do this with any spike type flower stem that I plan on showing. For your own viewing at home, the clips are fine and easy.

Very nice Stephen. The petals are quite pendulous on this one. Hopefully it an get awarded next time. The plant looks quite small, so it will only get better.

Congratulations on getting Champion Slipper. A good Johanna Burkhardt is always going to be hard to beat.

How many Johanna Burkhardt's do you have? You are always posting them. But as Roy and HG would say, 'Too many Johanna Burkhardt's are barely enough'. :)

thanks for the tip - Jjari. Interestingly everyone, here, seems to use clips and not tie wire. the judges dont seem to mind but aesthetically wire is nicer.

David, 6-10 big ones and a lot more smaller ones. Its a great hybrid!

Latest posts

Back