What’s for dinner?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today it was pizza. The first had a simple pizza sauce base and was topped with broccoli, black olives, sliced tomato and finished with a drizzle of olive oil.
Piz1.JPG
The second one was sauce less, with a base of olive oil, smoked gouda and brie, a few black olives, and then topped with young arugula leaves and a Japanese version of prosciutto, known as namahamu (raw ham).
Piz2.JPG

Burnt ends, brisket and sausage
View attachment 48115
Cooked our first brisket this past weekend on a Traeger pellet grill. It was very stressful because we are new to the pellet grill and to cooking brisket. I watched DivaQ for instructions on trimming the brisket and used her recipe. Flavor was great, but I over trimmed as I don't think I had any burnt ends. Anyway, it turned out quite good, but yours looks amazing. Question: the flat gives you slices, and the rest are your burnt ends? But, you eat them all the same, right?

Cooked our first brisket this past weekend on a Traeger pellet grill. It was very stressful because we are new to the pellet grill and to cooking brisket. I watched DivaQ for instructions on trimming the brisket and used her recipe. Flavor was great, but I over trimmed as I don't think I had any burnt ends. Anyway, it turned out quite good, but yours looks amazing. Question: the flat gives you slices, and the rest are your burnt ends? But, you eat them all the same, right?
Great question. I’d love to know myself. I’m looking to purchase a kamado grill. I wouldn’t be able to tell you how it was cooked i purchased it from a store. But I can tell you the burnt ends were “burnt” a little too much. It was dry. The brisket was better.

Great question. I’d love to know myself. I’m looking to purchase a kamado grill. I wouldn’t be able to tell you how it was cooked i purchased it from a store. But I can tell you the burnt ends were “burnt” a little too much. It was dry. The brisket was better.
We have a Big Green Egg which is a Komodo. I love the way it cooks. But, my husband who does the cooking on it does not like dealing with the charcoal. We even have the gizmo that supposedly holds it at perfect temperature, but over a period of hours you were constantly having to deal with it. The Traeger is so easy once you start. it tells you on your phone, the temperature, etc. and it just keeps going for 12 hours without you having to do a thing but check the temperature of your meat (unless you have the Meater thermometer which automatically dents the meat temp to your phone. But it’s a long cooking process when it’s low and slow get it tender and until you have the experience to trust it and how long it will take, it’s stressful. But one day I will day the results are worth it.

Last night a pork, green pepper sweet onion stir fry with Teriyaki glaze. I also do beef, shrimp and chicken stir fries substituting zucchini or yellow squash with either Teriyaki glaze or orange.
I also do a wonderful sausage, onions and pepper Italian number that is either great as is or over pasta of your choice.
In all cases, it produces a couple of meals each. Since I live alone, more for me.
I also do eggplant and chicken Parmesan, depending on what mood I am in.
IMG_1599.jpeg

Latest posts

Back