Winter Settles Gently In

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ross

ST Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The view from our "new" picture window

Pond2111410.jpg

Pond111410.jpg

Very pretty scenery; makes it almost bearable, doesn't it?

We don't have any snow right now and it's above zero, but winter is on it's way this week apparently. :sob:

I don't like winter at all. :sob: I dislike having to cover my plants to transport them...plus I can't golf in snow. Winter sucks! :(

Cold enough!

Ross, you said your "new" picture window. Did you do some remodeling on your home, also? Or is that where your plants used to be?

Cold enough!

Ross, you said your "new" picture window. Did you do some remodeling on your home, also? Or is that where your plants used to be?

This is the view from our former upstairs growing room. It is a three season porch that we winterized and added heat to when we first moved in in 2001. Here is what the room used to look like, looking toward the window these shots were taken from.

Growroomnortheastwindow.jpg

Ah, snow is so beautiful, I must admit! Love the stuff, and will miss sled riding with my boy!

It was ~80 here today and we went to Sea World. The whole place was all decked out in holiday stuff. Even had cinnamon and pine fragrances planted here and there. Santa was chillin' in the arctic habitat area (belugas and polar bears) which is with a Polar Express ride.

Very cool pics Ross!!!! But I do not really like that white stuff, esp. when it lays on the roof of my greenhouse, taking away lots of light; ihen I have to climb around trying to free the rather flat roof :eek: !!! Jean

It's pretty to look at, but I have no regrets having fled Minnesota in the mid-80's. I just can't take the cold anymore.

Everyone seems to see the misery of snow... I see an outdoor hockey rink just waiting to freeze and a nice fishing pond when it thaws out in the summertime.

Beautiful peaceful scenery shots- the view is very magestic!! Thanks for showing us!

Back